Counselling for Children, Adolescents & Adults in Ballarat
Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
Bridget Veld - Social Worker is offering the following services:
- Convenient appointment times five days a week, after hours appointments available by request;
- Easy payment options including EFTPOS - Approved Medicare provider offering onsite claiming facilities for patients with a Mental Health Care Plan (2710);
- Consultation to and/or working in partnership with medical providers and other health and human services professionsals;
- A commitment to providing contemporary therapies and targeted social work/therapeutic strategies including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), as well as Strength Based & Mindfulness approaches.
Counselling with Bridget
Through her social work practice, Bridget works with people in a holistic way to better understand the factors that affect their lives and create lifestyles that are more fulfilled and enriched. Understanding that individuals deal with situations in a multitude of ways, Bridget allows people to discuss their issues in a safe and confidential environment and to explore the decisions and/or actions they may take.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Member of the Australian Association of Social workers (AASW)
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW) – Approved Medicare Provider
Bridget Veld is a qualified Social Worker/counsellor who has a strong commitment to working with adults, children/ adolescents and their families. Bridget has experience working as a private practitioner as well as having worked extensively in the primary and secondary education system within the Ballarat region, Victoria.
Children & Adolescents:
Bridget Veld brings to her practice an understanding of child development and offers evidence-based counselling approaches that incorporate play therapy and arts based methods.
Bridget has experience in both the assessment and treatment of mental health and behavioural issues. These issues often present challenges for the young person which in turn impacts on their families, home lives, school and/or relationships with friends.
Bridget seeks to strengthen the young person’s ability to better understand their internal lives; seek support from safe and significant adults in their lives, and build resilience. Bridget is also committed to working with the young person’s family and/or siblings in order to enhance family relationships and strengthen communication.